1. Eligibility to Use Personnel.com
To access or use Personnel.com, you must be at least 16 years of age or, if older, the age of majority in your jurisdiction, otherwise you may not use Personnel.com. An employer and its authorized agent(s) are permitted to use the employer's Free Employer Account and any data about that employer provided via that account for the employer's internal business purposes. Except as set forth above, or as otherwise approved by us, Personnel.com is for your personal, non-commercial use unless you enter into a separate agreement with us for your commercial use. You may not use Personnel.com if we have terminated your account or banned you.
2. Your Personnel.com AccountA. Personnel.com Account
In order for you to create a Personnel.com account, we require that you provide a valid email address. The email you use must be one where we can reach you. In the event we cannot correspond with you via this email address, your submitted content may be rejected, and your account may be disabled. Other registration requirements (such as, a click on a link in a Personnel.com job alert email by unregistered users who create job alerts, or a requirement for individuals to contribute no more than one company review, interview review, and/or salary details of a current or former job per year) may also apply. Once you have set up a password, you will be given access to your profile and other private areas of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account. Passwords are subject to cancellation or suspension by Personnel.com at any time. When you set up an individual user account on Personnel.com, we create a member profile (a "Profile") for you that will include personal information you provide. You may permit us to share information in your Profile with prospective employers, recruiters, and others. Subject to visibility settings that you control, subscribers to services we may introduce will be able to view information in your Profile. Because your anonymity on Personnel.com is important, your Profile does not include or link to information about the reviews or salary information you submit to Personnel.com.B. Social Sign Up and Sign In
You may be able to register an account and subsequently access Personnel.com through a social networking site, such as Facebook ("Social Networking Site"). If you access Personnel.com through a Social Networking Site you agree that we may access, make available through Personnel.com, and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, messages, tags, and/or other materials that you have provided to and stored and made accessible in your Social Networking Site account so that it is available on and through Personnel.com via your account and your Profile page. Subject to the privacy settings that you have set with the Social Networking Site account you use to access Personnel.com, personally identifiable information that you post to that Social Networking Site may be displayed on Personnel.com. Please note: your relationship with your Social Networking Sites is governed solely by your agreement with those Social Networking Sites and we disclaim any liability for personally identifiable information that may be provided to us by a Social Networking Site in violation of the privacy settings that you have set with that Social Networking Site account.
3. Using Personnel.comA. Third-Party Content on Personnel.com
Content from other users, advertisers, and other third parties is made available to you through Personnel.com. "Content" means any work of authorship or information, including salaries, company reviews, interview reviews, company photos, logos, employer responses, job ads, employer profile information, advertisements, comments, opinions, postings, resumes, messages, text, files, images, photos, works of authorship, e-mail, data or other materials you find on Personnel.com. Because we do not control such Content, you understand and agree that: (1) we are not responsible for, and do not endorse, any such Content, including advertising and information about third-party products and services, job ads, or the employer, interview and salary-related information provided by other users; (2) we make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, reliability or quality of the information in such Content; and (3) we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful Content made available by users, advertisers, and third parties. In accordance with Section 230 of the U.S. Communications Decency Act, and any equivalent or similar laws in other jurisdictions which are intended to exclude or limit the liability of online service providers who provide access to user-generated content, we generally cannot be held liable for claims arising from the Content provided by third parties on Personnel.com.B. General Rules
You represent and warrant that you will use Personnel.com solely for lawful purposes in a manner consistent with these Terms and any and all applicable laws, regulations, or other legally enforceable obligations (including contractual obligations) you may have towards us and any third parties. You are solely responsible for any and all Content that is posted through your account on Personnel.com ("Your Content"). You understand that you may expose yourself to liability if Your Content or other use of Personnel.com violates applicable law or any third-party right.
You agree that you will not:C. Applying on Personnel.com
• Impersonate another person, or his or her email address, or misrepresent your current or former affiliation with an employer;
• Create user accounts under false or fraudulent pretenses; create or use an account for anyone other than yourself; or create multiple active user accounts to post multiple reviews for the same company;
• Post Content that you do not own or have the right to post in accordance with the license set forth in these Terms;
• Violate these Terms, the terms of your agreements with us, explicit restrictions set forth in our Community Guidelines, or any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• Post Content that is defamatory, libelous, or fraudulent; that you know to be false or misleading; or that does not reflect your honest opinion and experience;
• Act in a manner that is harassing, threatening, abusive, racist or bigoted, is otherwise objectionable (as determined by Personnel.com);
• Promote, endorse or further illegal activities;
• Disclose information in violation of any legally enforceable confidentiality, non-disclosure or other contractual restrictions or rights of any third party, including any current or former employers or potential employers;
• Violate the privacy, publicity, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third-party;
• Post anything pornographic or sexually explicit in nature, or engage in the exploitation of persons in a sexual or violent manner;
• Solicit personally identifying information from minors;
• Except as expressly approved by us, and subject to applicable laws, use Personnel.com for commercial activities and/or promotions such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, pyramid schemes, advertising, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation;
• Imply a Personnel.com endorsement or partnership of any kind without our express written permission;
• Send messages in violation of the USA CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law;
• Introduce software or automated agents to Personnel.com, or access Personnel.com to produce multiple accounts, generate automated messages, or to scrape, strip or mine data from Personnel.com without our express written permission;
• "Frame" or "mirror" or otherwise incorporate part of Personnel.com into any website, or "deep- link" to any portion of Personnel.com without our express written permission.
• Copy, modify or create derivative works of Personnel.com or any Content (excluding Your Content) without our express written permission;
• Copy or use the information, Content (excluding Your Content), or data on Personnel.com in connection with a competitive service, as determined by Personnel.com;
• Sell, resell, rent, lease, loan, trade or otherwise monetize access to Personnel.com or any Content (excluding Your Content) without our express written permission;
• Interfere with, disrupt, modify, reverse engineer, or decompile any data or functionality of Personnel.com;
• Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on Personnel.com or the networks or services connected to Personnel.com;
• Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or similar software to Personnel.com; or Attempt to circumvent any security feature of Personnel.com;
Some of our job postings allow you to complete and submit your application on Personnel.com. We provide this service by working directly with an employer or by searching the Internet for the best contact information we can find for an employer. When you click the "Apply" button to apply on Personnel.com, we send your application to the most appropriate contact information we have on file for that employer. While we endeavor to make this service the best it can be, employer websites are not controlled by us, and we cannot guarantee that your application will be properly received and logged by the third-party employer website upon transmission. If you have any reason to think your application was not received by an employer, we suggest you contact them directly to confirm. Personnel.com does not guarantee the identity of an employer or any individuals working for any employers, and cautions job seekers when applying to jobs. Personnel.com does not guarantee the validity of a job offer and cautions job seekers to verify the validity of a job offer before taking an adverse action regarding their current employment situations. You are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of any employer or job offer.
4. Special Provisions Applicable to EmployersA. Posting Jobs on Personnel.com
You may not post any job ad that:B. Communications with Job Seekers
• Does not comply with the applicable laws or regulations of the state and country where the job is to be performed, including laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use and intellectual property;
• Contains false information or solicits employees by intentional misrepresentation, such as, misrepresentation of the terms of employment, the hiring entity, or the identity of the poster;
• Requires an application fee or up-front or periodic payments; requires recruitments of others; resembles a multi-level marketing scheme, franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement; or only pays commissions (except where the listing makes clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling); or resembles a multi-level marketing scheme;
• Involves any screening requirement where such screening requirement is not an actual and legal requirement of the advertised position;
• Contains any logo or brands, or link to website, other than your own or those of any entity for which you are authorized to submit job ads;
• Contains multiple job openings in a single job ad (unless you've purchased a service that permits this);
• Does not comply with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act or the EEOC's Enforcement Guidance on Employer's Consideration of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions, and relevant state and local laws that prohibit employers from discriminating against people with criminal backgrounds and require employers to delay inquiry into an applicant's criminal history until later in the hiring process;
• Discriminates against applicants based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other ground(s) prohibited by applicable law, in each case as determined in Personnel.com's reasonable discretion;
We may inform a user when you have taken an action with respect to information we have shared with you on behalf of that user, such as when you open the user's application, view their resume, view their profile on Personnel.com, and/or make a decision about their application. When you view, store or receive materials through your use of Personnel.com, we may use such materials for data analysis, quality control, or to refine our platform and services. We may also share with our users our observations based on such data analysis. For example, we may tell our users which employers are more likely to open applications submitted to Personnel.com, which employers are active on Personnel.com, and how long certain aspects of the candidate process take on average for a given employer. We may, on your behalf, send out reminder emails to Job Seekers you wish to interview. Personnel.com may also send emails to Job Seekers on your behalf indicating that your job posting is potentially a match for the Job Seeker’s resume. You understand and agree that Personnel.com may take such actions.
5. Enforcement by Personnel.comA. Removal of Content
While Personnel.com has no obligation to do so, Personnel.com reserves the right to review and delete any Content (or portion thereof) that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or other applicable policies posted on Personnel.com, or that we deem, in our sole discretion, inappropriate. If you see any Content on Personnel.com that you believe violates our policies, you may report that Content by contacting us. Once notified, we will review the Content and consider whether to remove it (or a portion thereof). Please note: Our interpretation of our policies and the decision whether to edit or remove Content is within our sole discretion. You understand and agree that if we choose not to remove or edit Content that you find objectionable, that decision will not constitute a violation of these Terms or any agreement we have with you.B. Other Enforcement Actions
While we have no obligation to do so, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action in our sole discretion against you if you violate these Terms, including without limitation: removing Content (or portions thereof) from Personnel.com; suspending your rights to use Personnel.com; terminating your membership and account; reporting you to law enforcement, regulatory authorities, or administrative bodies; and taking legal action against you.C. Defending Our Users
While we have no obligation to do so, we reserve the right, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to take appropriate action to protect the anonymity of our users against the enforcement of subpoenas or other information requests that seek a user's electronic address or identifying information.
6. Rights to Your Content
We do not claim ownership in any Content that you submit or authorize for use to Personnel.com, but you grant us the rights to use such Content as set forth below. By submitting or authorizing us to display any Content on Personnel.com, you hereby grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicenses) to use, copy, perform, display, create derivative works of, adapt and distribute such Content in any and all media (now known or later developed) throughout the world. To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby expressly waive any and all your moral rights applicable to Personnel.com's exercise of the foregoing license. You agree that this license includes the right for us to provide, promote, and improve Personnel.com and to make Content submitted to or through Personnel.com available to other companies, organizations or individuals for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, promotion or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you post through Personnel.com. You should only submit Content to Personnel.com that you are comfortable sharing with others under the terms and conditions of these Terms.
7. Rights to Personnel.com Content
Personnel.com contains Content provided by us and our licensors. We and our licensors (including other users) own and retain all proprietary (including all intellectual property) rights in the Content we each provide, and Personnel.com owns and retains all property rights in Personnel.com. If you are a user, we hereby grant you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license under the intellectual property rights licensable by us to download, view, copy and print Content from Personnel.com solely for your personal use in connection with using Personnel.com.
Except as provided in the foregoing, you agree not to:
(1) reproduce, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, publicly perform or display, sell, adapt or create derivative works based on Personnel.com or the Content (excluding Your Content); or (2) rent, lease, loan, or sell access to Personnel.com. Personnel.com ® is a registered trademark of Personnel.com. The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on Personnel.com are our property or the property of third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of the third party that owns the Mark.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our subsidiaries and our and their respective officers, directors, board members, board advisors, employees, partners, agents successors and assigns harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party due to or otherwise arising from your use of Personnel.com, including due to or arising from your breach of any provision of these Terms.
9. Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
The disclaimers and limitations on liability in this section apply to the maximum extent allowable under applicable law. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you have which may not be lawfully limited. Any emails or email notifications corresponding with any activity on Personnel.com, the Personnel.com Messaging Service, or any other communications service, product, or feature provided on or through Personnel.com, are provided solely as a courtesy. Personnel.com disclaims all warranties regarding the transmission or storage of such courtesy notices, does not guarantee their delivery or receipt, and does not guarantee the date or time at which they may be sent. In the event a message being sent is intended for a closed account, these messages will not be deliverable. Further, if you are an employer and you posted a job posting directly on Personnel.com, applications are sent only to your Personnel.com dashboard; any other notifications you may receive are provided solely as a courtesy to you Personnel.com assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any job posting, career page, job solicitation, screener question, answer to screener question, resume information, or message you post, send or receive through Personnel.com or the Personnel.com Messaging Service. You are solely responsible for your interactions with advertisers and other users and we are not responsible for the activities, omissions, or other conduct, whether online or offline, of any advertiser or user of Personnel.com. We are not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate, or unlawful Content (including any information in profiles) posted on Personnel.com, whether caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Personnel.com. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communication with advertisers or other users. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any hardware and software due to technical problems on the Internet or on Personnel.com or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with Personnel.com. Under no circumstances shall we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of Personnel.com or from any Content posted on Personnel.com or transmitted to users, or any interactions between users of Personnel.com, whether online or offline. Personnel.com is provided "as-is" and as available. We expressly disclaim any warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including the warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non- infringement. We make no warranty that: (1) Personnel.com will meet your requirements; (2) Personnel.com will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis; or (3) the results that may be obtained from the use of Personnel.com will be accurate or reliable. You hereby release the Personnel.com from any and all claims, demands, and losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind that are either directly or indirectly related to or arises from: (1) the actions, Content, or data of third parties (including, advertisers and other users) (2) your participation in any offline events.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PERSONNEL.COM GROUP BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF PERSONNEL.COM, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT THE PERSONNEL.COM GROUP'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF PERSONNEL.COM (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION).
These Terms remain in effect while you use Personnel.com and, for registered users, if your account remains open. You may delete your account at any time. We may suspend or terminate your account or your access to parts of Personnel.com, for any or no reason, without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your account or related deletion of your information. All provisions of these Terms shall survive termination or expiration of these Terms except those provisions granting access to or use of Personnel.com. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that these Terms apply to your use of Personnel.com and any Content posted on Personnel.com at any time prior to the termination or expiration of these Terms.
11. Changes to Terms
We may revise these Terms from time to time by posting an updated version on Personnel.com. The revised Terms will be effective immediately for unregistered users and users registering accounts on or after the revision date. For users who registered accounts before the revision date, they will become effective thirty (30) days after the revision date. If we make a change that we believe materially reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We may provide notice of changes in other circumstances as well. Any such changes will not apply to any claim brought prior to the effective date of the revised Terms incorporating such changes. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our Terms. Your continued use of Personnel.com is subject to the most current effective version of these Terms.
12. Dispute Resolution
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. YOU AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND PERSONNEL.COM ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. YOU AND PERSONNEL.COM AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. ANY ARBITRATION WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED.A. Governing Law
These Terms and any and all claims, disputes, or other legal proceedings by or between you or us, including but not limited to any such claims or disputes that are in any way related to or arising under these Terms or your access to or use of Personnel.com, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Idaho without giving effect to any conflict-of-laws principles that may otherwise provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. For any claim, dispute, or other legal proceeding not subject to the "Agreement to Arbitrate" provision below, the claim or dispute shall be brought and litigated exclusively in the state courts located within Idaho or the federal courts in Idaho, as appropriate, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of each of these courts for the purpose of litigating such claims or disputes.
Except as specifically stated in another agreement we have with you, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of Personnel.com and these Terms supersede all prior proposals, negotiations, agreements, and understandings concerning the subject matter of these Terms. You represent and warrant that no person has made any promise, representation, or warranty, whether express or implied, not contained herein to induce you to enter into this agreement. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties' intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. To the extent allowed by law, the English version of these Terms are binding, and the translations are provided for convenience only. The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Personnel.com's prior written consent but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect; as used in the Terms, the word "including" means "including but not limited to."
Like most website operators, Personnel.com collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Personnel.com's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Personnel.com's visitors use its website. From time to time, Personnel.com may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally Identifying Information
Personnel.com discloses potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Personnel.com's behalf or to provide services available at Personnel.com's website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Personnel.com's website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Personnel.com will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Personnel.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Personnel.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Personnel.com, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://personnel.com and have supplied your email address, Personnel.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Personnel.com and our products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Personnel.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information.
Personnel.com may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Personnel.com may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Personnel.com does not disclose your personally identifying information.
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set• Account related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.• Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
• This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
• From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
• We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the social media sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.