The collections unit is involved in employer account maintenance and other integrity activities. The TRS2’s will use a variety of resources to identify potential employer or claimant liability. Strong data entry skills and a high level of accuracy are required.
Example of Duties:
• Advise debtors of payment options, legal obligation to pay, and execute payment agreements;
• Frequent contact with internal and external customers, which requires good public relation skills;
• Locate responsible parties using skip-tracing methods;
• Maintain collection caseload to ensure compliance with payment agreement;
• Utilize considerable independence and exercise discretion in applying tax and benefit collection laws, regulation, policies, procedures;
• Problem-solving and negotiation skills with authority to act on decisions made;
• Analyze delinquent account records to determine appropriate and cost-effective collection program;
• Provide guidance and assistance regarding complex program rules and regulations to office staff and external customers
• Monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors;
• Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues;
• Ability to work with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations;
• Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system;
• Composing and proofreading business correspondence
• Clean background
• Ability to commit to the assignment for 6+ months
• Ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and other applications to research and manage a substantial workload.
• Must type at least 50 WPM with high accuracy
• Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, 40 hours per week.
This is an excellent opportunity with a state agency in Boise, ID. Apply today!