Immediate openings for field technicians to assist with our annual mosquito and pest prevention efforts in Ada County. Our program is responsible for the control and surveillance of pests and insects in the Treasure Valley. Join our team and help keep Ada County free of pests and mosquitos.
• Work outside! No cubicles!
• Become a certified applicator registered with the State of Idaho.
• Gain experience in public health.
• Work with the latest hardware and software in natural sciences data collection.
• Work in small teams.
• PAID training and licensing.
• Identifies, traps, and surveils targeted pests and insects
• Operates application or surveillance equipment
• Reads and navigates by paper and digital maps
• Responsible for routine maintenance of equipment
• Uses and maintains all personal protection equipment recommended by product labels, MSDS sheets, and department policy
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate vehicles and equipment
• Must have good math skills; the ability to obtain a Professional Applicators license
• Safely use and operate application and trapping equipment
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public and coworkers, in person, over the phone
• Ability to use a personal computer, GPS technology, and mobile field computers
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with other employees
• Ability to work in the field independently and with peers and the general public
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• The nature of the work will require the employee to be outdoors in various weather conditions
• The work may require moving, transporting, and using pesticides and larvicides
• Must be able to lift between 25-50 lbs.
• Occasionally negotiate fences, steep terrain with rough, rocky, or wet surfaces
• At times the employee may be exposed to dogs, farm animals, snakes, and biting or stinging insects
This is a seasonal position with a county agency based out of Meridian, ID. Shifts are Monday-Friday starting as early as 6:00 am and ending as late as 3:30 pm.
Call today for an immediate interview 208-378-8700!